It is too important for a website to submit its Sitemap to different Webmasters in order to get indexed in different search engines quickly. Without a Sitemap a website or blog is incomplete. Sitemap is basically a list of contents & their links in xml format which tells the Google or other search engine bots about each URL: when it was last updated, how often it changes, and how important it is in relation to other URLs in the website. In case Blogger CMS it is not possible to create a sitemap.xml sitemap and submit it to webmaster tools. In blogger we can use atom.xml for this purpose. In this tutorial I am going to tell you, how with the help of atom.xml SITEMAP for a blogger blog can be submitted to Google Webmaster Tools.
What Google Says About Sitemap?
Google uses your Sitemap to learn about the structure of your site and to increase our coverage of your webpages. Submit a Sitemap to tell Google about pages on your site we might not otherwise discover.
How to submit Blogger Sitemap to Google Webmaster Tools?
- Go to Google Webmaster Tools [Here]
- Click ‘ADD A SITE‘. A small window will open like below,
- Verification Process:
- Click on ‘Alternate Method‘
- Click ‘HTML Tag‘
- Copy the Meta Tag provided.
- Go to Blogger Dashboard > Your Blog > Template > Edit HTML
- Paste the Meta Tag just after the opening
- Save the template
- Go back to Webmaster Tools & click ‘Verify‘
- You are done. Your blog will be listed on Webmaster Dashboard.
- Sitemap Submission Process:
- Go to your site at Webmaster Tools
- Go to Crawl > Sitemap
- Click on ‘ADD/TEST SITEMAP‘
- A small window will appear with your blog URL followed by a blank box like below,
- For blog with below 500 posts submit following:
- For blog with above 500 but below 1000 posts submit following along with the previous one:
- And so on.