- While using internet, screenshot is the ultimate medium to share ideas, information etc. You are facing some problems with a program & you want to explain it to others for help. Screenshot or Snapshot is the best for that purpose. You have seen some errors in an article & want to show this up, again screenshot will help you. There are various ways to take screenshots on windows.
Yes, this is the old method but still works fine. Its the keyboard shortcut ‘Print Screen‘. Just press the button ‘Print Screen‘, it will capture an image of your screen & will be copied to Clipboard. Paste that image on ‘Paint’ & save in the format you like. Similarly for single window capture press ‘Alt + Print Screen‘ & paste it to paint & save.
- There is a option in Windows 8 to directly save the Screenshot with single click. Press ‘
Windows Button + Print Screen
- ‘. The screenshot will be directly saved to your default Picture folder within ‘Screenshots’ folder.
This is a inbuilt program of all Windows Vista onward’s versions except ‘Starter’ & ‘Basic’ versions. It is a easy to use tool. Just start the application from Accessories Menu. It has four options for Screenshots:
- Free-form Snip
- Rectangular Snip
- Window Snip
- Full-screen Snip
PicPick is a free software for windows with several useful features like Full featured screen capture, Color Picker, Color Palette, Pixel Ruler etc. Download the software and install with some simple setup wizard. In order to take screenshots open the PicPick from startmenu. On the bottom left corner, there will be the Screen Capture section with various options. Chose as per your requirement. Define the area to be captured & edit the captured image as per your requirement. You can save as a JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP, PDF file or you can share it directly to cloud.
- Download PicPick from this link
Awesome ScreenShot is a extension you can add to Google Chrome. Using this you can capture screenshots while browsing the internet. You can capture the whole page or any portion, annotate it with rectangles, circles, arrows, lines and text etc. Add this to your chrome from the extension page and enjoy capturing on the go with lots of features. After editing the captured are you can save the screenshot as a local file or upload the same to awesomescreenshot.com and get the link for sharing purpose.
- Add Awesome Screenshot to Chrome